Saturday, August 15, 2009

To My Inner Child (who made a part of me)

I wish I could save you. I wish I could understand you. Don't hide from me. Don't be afraid. Come back out of that little hiding place of yours. I promise I would try not to harm you again. If I break my promise, don't be sad. I would try to make up with you. I'm sorry for hurting you all these years. I want to take care of you, to love you. The world is not good as it seems, but let's live together through.

Don't say people hate you. People love you from the day they first saw your wee little body. They have dreams of how you're growing up. Dreams of how they are going to nurture you. Yes, the world is not what they seem planned. They may have hurt you, blamed you, and stopped you from crying and sharing your thoughts. Stand up, don't hide in that corner. I can still see you. Let me know your feelings. Let me know when you're hurting. Let us both carry you through.

I know people can be so mean. You even learn to defend yourself. That doesn't mean you're unlovable. There are still so many people who love you. I love you. Don't be scared. Don't run away from me. I need you. I can't be whole without you. I know that hurt can be your comfort, but I wish someday you find the most beautiful thing there is that can separate you from love and hate. Hate is not true. Love is.

My preciouse little one, hang on to people who love you. Hang on to their words of wisdom. They may not know you fully but they love you. And I also wish that someday you would be able to learn how to play and have fun once more.

Love
Yourself

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful and touching. Damn u made me cry.