Saturday, July 04, 2009

Could an Old Desire Still has Significance...?

The title actually is, "Could a desire of a 4yo has significance if the 4yo becomes a 20yo and still has that same desire? Or is there still "something" about that desire?"

Okay. That's me. I really couldn't remember when I had that desire except I knew I was preschool. A desire or a wish or hopes.

Still is so clear in my memories, the first time I made that wish. I wished to be able to do something for the people from the streets and elderly people. Even wished to be super rich to help them (thinking of a four-year-old). However, at this time, I'm scared to even help an old lady with her grocery cart. (Shy)

I have been recently thinking (again), yet imagining, of an orphanage, a home-for-the-aged, or a shelter-for-the-homeless. Starting any of these and bring the needy to a place they can call home. Give them food, clothes, and may even a bed for the night for the homeless. And during their stay, talk with them, listen to them, share the gospel to them, and importantly, share God's love to them. Share testimonies, preach the Word, lead bible studies, etc.

The irony? No money. Don't like kids. Before, I never liked teaching. Never thought of myself as a teacher. Never done anything about these people other than joining those outreaches. Such a BIG responsibility for a wee like I.

However, God can provide the needs. I, somehow, is being led to kids and teaching. I find, recently, that I can be an advocate, a listener, a whatever that I never think I could be doing or could become. A teacher? A counselor? An evangelist? A...what? I know these NEW traits/abilities do not come from anyone or anything or from me; all these come from God and Him alone. Seems like God's spiritual gifts. What about piano, techie mind, Math/Chemistry, all things I certainly know I know? Abilities I have earned from years of learning? But I now do learn to appreciate more the abilities I never earned from anything.

Think there's something about this "desires/wishes/hopes/unexpected abilities"? Does seem to connect.

[This is the second time I write a journal with a similar question: Could this be my direction? Is this what God wants for me? Still waiting... If this is it? Then I'll still be waiting... No need to rush. Just wait for God's GO signal. (He's still teaching me.)]

No comments: