Saturday, February 23, 2008

How can ONE change the WORLD? (taken from my old journals of 2006)

Power? Wealth? Connections? Knowledge?

When I was a preschooler, an old lady was begging for money. I thought, "When I grow up, I will be very rich, very wise, very hardworking, and getting the highest position at work so I can buy a very vast land and build a very large house, and invite all the poor people to live in that house." Well, what would you expect from dreamers like me and with that young but with a very big imagination?

I knew everyone had experienced like these also, but only a few made it. Bill Gates, Steve Johnson, Aristotle, Socrates, Johannes Sebastian Bach, Adolf Hitler, Vladimir Putin, and all other BIG names. They had changed the world either the right way up or upside down by their music, knowledge, power, partnerships, and wealth.

What about faith? "Faith can move mountains." Could one change the world by his faith? Probably, if he could lead, be responsible, and be faithful to his hearers and followers that he would not lead them astray or be left alone. "One teaching, and I'm off." Had we ever thought that is present in many of us? Let me rephrase, "One teaching, and I'm off to teach another, just leaving behind who listens. It's up to them if they understand or not. So what? I am only here to teach, not to father. Just teach and go; teach and go.

Fool! We call it. However, there were some who were in contrast to that. Think of any missionary you know. He made a great influence to many that they led the people to Christ. That's a world-changer. He might only be teaching only one tribe, but one heart was enough to bring the angels to praise the Lord. What's so unique other than angels praising? He took the BIG responsibility to be accountable to his "flock" to be like a father to them. Not so many could do that, could they?

Changing the world is not very easy and an immediate task. It takes courage and strength. Love and hope. And the most importantly, FAITH. What other else that one can change the world? Commitment and loyalty to that commitment.

No comments: